- Waterproof Pants to go over a comfortable pair of sweats (If not, please bring at least a double layer of pants and a third pair to change into afterward.)
- Thick ski socks or a double pair of socks that go pretty high on the calf
- Warm winter jacket (waterproof is best) with a couple layers of clothing underneath for warmth
- Warm gloves/mittens (waterproof is best)
- Sunglasses or ski goggles to protect eyes from ice and snow
Skis, ski boots, and poles are provided as part of our rental through Hidden Valley.
A ski helmet is optional, however, if you would like your child to wear a helmet while skiing, please let me know so that I can help monitor that while we are skiing. Ski helmets are available online, through sporting good stores, or possibly even at Costco. Rental helmets are also available through Hidden Valley for $10/day. In contrast, some of the helmets online are around $40 and possibly a better value throughout the season.
If you would like your child to wear a ski helmet but do not currently have one, I can ask your student to stay on the beginner slopes with me until you have a chance to acquire one. Please just let me know your preference.
Pick Up Plans
Following skiing, I intend to leave Hidden Valley at 4 p.m. to arrive at Villa di Maria in Kirkwood between 4:30 and 4:45 p.m.. Please let me know if you would like your child to return to Villa in the van with me, if you will join your child at Hidden Valley, or if you need another plan worked out.
Questions: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melissa U. by email or cell: 314-478-6898. | firstname.lastname@example.org