Program & Curriculum
Montessori education is one of the oldest and most widely implemented pedagogies in the world, and for the first time in the history of St. Louis City adolescents are receiving this world-renowned education. Montessori adolescent environments are designed to meet the developmental needs of students in order to help them reach their unique potential while seamlessly transitioning from childhood to adulthood.
From a foundational academic core of math, science, and the humanities, students venture beyond the walls of the classroom to discover and investigate concepts in real-world applications. These meaningful, hands-on experiences open the door for further student-led
study and analysis. The combination of academic lessons with the experiential learning process allows our students to internalize the intellectual ideas they are exploring.
MAP students are young entrepreneurs, whose work includes planning and managing all aspects of ongoing microeconomic endeavors. The adolescent microeconomy works in tandem with students’ academic studies, providing an immersive experience in business operation and financial management that prepares students to become contributing members of adult society.
Students are given regular opportunities to experiment with and engage in a variety of artistic and physical expressions outlets, meeting the adolescent need for creativity and movement as students attempt to define themselves in relation to the world that surrounds them.
• To provide adolescents with a safe and comfortable place to learn and grow.
• To give each student opportunities to perform real work in a community environment that relies upon her.
• To present each student with challenging academic, interdisciplinary lessons that allow him to further explore topics according to his unique interests.
• To help adolescents discover themselves where they are in the world, and to help them understand themselves in relation to the rest of the world.
• To maintain a student community that requires grace, courtesy, and respect toward the environment and toward others.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
MAP St. Louis admits students of any race, color, gender, creed, sexual orientation, religion, or national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. MAP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies, hiring policies, scholarships, and other school-administered programs.